It was just a few months ago that LMKT announced they have won the contract to establish a revolutionary set up National Incubation Centre, Karachi. The center is said to be a state of the art facility that will be equipped with the latest technological equipment to facilitate users. The company will not only design but operate the center as well which is being constructed in collaboration with PTCL, HBL and PPAF.
The sample layout for the center will be something like this:
NIC Karachi will emerge as a beacon house for budding startups that will come together under the same roof to enter the quality incubation programs. It will also have investor and mentor networks with complete access to professional, financial and technical resources.
The program aims to help young entrepreneurs who want to start their dream businesses and are looking for some assistance. It will offer a platform to these promising businesses so that they can come on the front and create successful businesses on every scale. This will not only help them realize their goals, but will also add up the growth and sustainability of our economy.
The first of its kind technology hub which is going to be launched under the public and private partnership in Karachi has the following important agenda planned for us
- Daft planning and strategies for businesses on all levels to promote young professionals. It will be done on national and international level to facilitate users
- Identify, implement and measure the results of these tools and procedures to devise effective strategies
- Invest more in training of people and in creating awareness and building capacity of institutions, corporations and entrepreneurs locally and internationally
- Create a healthy environment for entrepreneurs by encouraging them to use local resources at all levels, be it locally, regionally or internationally. Together all these will contribute towards the formation of a productive ecosystem that will help startups to succeed by introducing educational events, conferences, programs and collaborations with corporations from across the globe
- Create conducive environment to make sure these activities keep continue
For the accomplishments of these objectives IGNITE has provided funds that will offer capital expenditure and operational costs of the NIC for the next five years during which NIC will incubate more than 200 startups in Karachi
The soft launch of NIC Karachi is going to happen on April 23rd, 2018 while the center is expected to be fully operational in the near future.
Sample layouts of the centre